Quality and patient safety community of interest
A collegial and safe forum for pathologists to discuss issues related to quality in diagnostic oncology and patient safety.
We aim to create a community of like-minded pathologists to support each other, and transfer knowledge.
All pathologists and pathology fellows with an interest in quality and patient safety are welcome.
We invite speakers from hospital administration, licensing bodies, and medical protective organizations to contribute to our topics.
Our goal is to prevent adverse events and provide guidance for a successful resolution.
- issues related to patient safety and the role of pathologists in mitigating the risks
- medical errors and unprofessional behavior
- quality concerns and new ways to monitor the quality in diagnostic oncology.
Please let us know of any topics related to quality in pathology that could be of interest to you or your group for future discussions.
Our Communities of Interest events are accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Our last meeting took place on May 12, 2021. Subscribe to our mailing list to ensure you hear about the next meeting.
Email Dr. Anna Plotkin at email@example.com
Subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date with the latest news and events:
See relevant ‘Highlights in Pathology’
Further information on quality indicators
The Quality Council, based in the Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology (LMP), in the Temerty Faculty of Medicine, seeks to bring together the hospital-based laboratory community across the GTA to compare, share, and harmonize standards and approaches to testing.
The Quality Council is running several projects, which aim to:
- Promote alliances between the hospitals affiliated with the University of Toronto to develop novel quality programs or initiatives that will enhance patient care
- Harmonise clinical laboratory services across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)