Our epidemiology offices are found in the Mount Sinai Hospital.
Our research group currently comprises:
3 graduate students
a post-doctoral fellow
a research scientist
a research manager
2 data analysts
2 clinical trials nurses
a staff of approximately 25 research assistants and associates.
On-going research projects include:
- Epidemiology of influenza infection in healthcare workers (CIHR funded)
- Surveillance for the emergence of carbapenemase resistance in Enterobacteriaceae in southern Ontario (CIHR funded)
- Effectiveness of vaccination programs in reducing serious disease due to Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Risk factors for antimicrobial resistance in pneumococcal infections
- Epidemiology of influenza infection associated with hospitalization
- Surveillance for invasive streptococcal disease in metropolitan Toronto and Peel Region.