Summer Student Research Program
Are you interested in research?
Gain valuable experience in one of our state-of-the-art laboratories during our Summer Student Research Program. For at least 12 weeks during the summer, engage in full-time research by proposing, executing and presenting your selected project. This is the perfect opportunity for you to focus on your future research interests and discover what it takes to work in the lab.
In addition to laboratory research, our exciting weekly lectures feature faculty and special guests. These experts will provide you with remarkable perspectives on leading-edge research and will further expand your understanding of different areas of investigation. After completing the program, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in presenting your research to a panel of judges during our Summer Student Poster Day.
- Learn proper laboratory practice.
- Develop experimental and critical evaluation skills.
- Enhance communication, collaboration and networking skills.
- Discover your area of interest and gain valuable experience for future research.
The LMP Summer Student Research Program is comprised of three obligatory elements: a research experience, attendance at weekly lectures and presentation of a poster during the Summer Student Poster Day.
Students are expected to engage in full-time research for at least 12 weeks.
Official start date to be negotiated between supervisor and student although students are urged to begin research by the middle of May in order to have a significant amount of research done in time to submit an abstract for Poster Day.
There will be one-hour weekly seminars in June, July and August. Special guest faculty will discuss their research. The schedule of guest speakers and topics for weekly seminars will be available here.
- The 2017 Summer Student Poster day will be held on August 17, 2017.
- All LMP Summer Students are expected to present a poster and submit an abstract.
- Abstracts due August 7, 2017.
- The abstract should be a maximum of 400 words and 1 page only.
- All margins should be set at 1 inch and you must use Arial font size 11.
- See link for sample abstracts.
- The abstract is to be submitted to email@example.com
Click here for information on how to apply.